The Chinese Lunar New Year and the Animals Represented by the Zodiac
|If you were born on or between these dates you are:||Zodiac Animal and Characteristic|
|2019 February 5||2020 January 24||Pig|
|2018 February 16||2019 February 4||Dog|
|2017 January 28||2018 February 15||Rooster|
|2016 February 8||2017 January 27||Monkey|
- 1 When does the new animal year start?
- 2 What is the Lunar New Year and when is it?
- 3 What are the animal years in Chinese numerology?
- 4 What is the Chinese zodiac animal for 2018?
- 5 How do I find my Chinese zodiac animal?
- 6 What is my Chinese animal if I was born in 2020?
- 7 What is your animal sign?
- 8 What are the 12 animals of Chinese New Year?
- 9 Which Chinese zodiac is the luckiest?
- 10 Is year of the Rat lucky in 2021?
- 11 What year is the metal Rat?
When does the new animal year start?
- The Lichun period, also known as the ″Start of Spring,″ arrives first and occurs around February 4 or 5.
- When that day has come and gone, a new animal year will have begun.
- Nowadays, the zodiac sign that is determined by lunar New Year’s Day is anchored in the culture of Chinese astrology, which is extensively employed in the selection of fortunate dates and in tests to determine whether two people are compatible romantically.
What is the Lunar New Year and when is it?
As the Lunar New Year is meant to coincide with the first full moon of the lunar calendar, its actual date shifts somewhat from year to year (falling anywhere between the 21st of January and the 20th of February). The phrase ″out with the old, in with the new″ is central to the festivities around this holiday, which have been observed for thousands of years.
What are the animal years in Chinese numerology?
Zi Rat, Chou Ox, Yin Tiger, Mao Rabbit, Chen Dragon, Si Snake, Wu Horse, Wei Sheep, Shen Monkey, You Rooster, Xu Dog, and Hai Pig were the animal years. Since each animal sign is typically associated with an earthly branch, these years were given the names Zi Rat, Chou Ox, Yin Tiger, Mao Rabbit, Chen Dragon, Si Snake, Wu Horse, Wei Sheep, Shen Monkey, You
What is the Chinese zodiac animal for 2018?
This year is the year of the tiger according to the Chinese zodiac, which is based on Chinese mythology. The Chinese lunar calendar assigns an animal to correlate with each lunar year.
How do I find my Chinese zodiac animal?
- People’s zodiac signs are decided by the year in which they were born, as each year in the cycle is associated with a different animal.
- The cycle is repeated once every 12 years with the following order: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig.
- Each animal represents a different aspect of Chinese culture.
- For instance, the year 2018 is known as the Year of the Dog, while the year 2019 is known as the Year of the Pig.
What is my Chinese animal if I was born in 2020?
The Chinese Zodiac Year of the Rat The years 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008, and this year, 2020, have all been ruled by the rat in recent history. People who were born in the year of the rat are thought to be intelligent, quick-thinking, and successful, despite the fact that they prefer to lead a quiet and serene existence.
What is your animal sign?
People who were born in the Year of the Rooster get along well with those born in the Years of the Ox, Dragon, Snake, and Pig, but less well with those born in the Years of the Tiger, Rabbit, Horse, and Sheep. If you were born in the Year of the Rooster, you get along well with those born in those years. What kind of animal best represents you?
What are the 12 animals of Chinese New Year?
Only 12 of them made it, and those were the rat, the ox, the tiger, the rabbit, the dragon, the snake, the horse, the goat, the monkey, the rooster, the dog, and the pig. Based on the sequence in which they arrived, each was assigned a position of honor in a year.
Which Chinese zodiac is the luckiest?
The rat is considered to be the first of the 12 animals that represent the Chinese zodiac signs. It is also regarded to be the zodiac sign with the most luck, suggesting that perhaps the first one is usually the best. Those who were fortunate enough to be born in the year of the rat will have a prosperous life. They will have more opportunities to experience joy and success in their lives.
Is year of the Rat lucky in 2021?
People who were born in the year of the Rat (i.e. those born in 2021), will have highly favorable fortunes overall in the year of the Ox (2021). Because of the harmonious connection between the signs of the Rat and the Ox, the fortunes of those born under the Rat zodiac will be particularly favorable.
What year is the metal Rat?
The year 2020 will be known as the Year of the Metal Rat. It is thought that a period of fresh starts would begin when the rat, which is the first animal in the cycle, appears. People who were born in this year are often thought of as being intelligent, quick-witted, flexible, adaptable, and extroverted.