It is necessary to register your pet in order to obtain a certificate and make the status of your animal companion official. To be able to accomplish so, you will need a letter of reference from your healthcare professional. In that letter, he will demonstrate that you require the assistance of an emotional support animal, and after that, completing the registration will be simple.
- There is no such thing as a certificate or a certification program that, according to the law, formally qualifies a dog as an emotional support animal.
- This is because the law does not recognize dogs as emotional support animals.
- Getting a letter stating that your dog is qualified as an emotional support animal from a mental health expert who is licensed to practice in that field is the only legal way to have your dog recognized as such.
Can I get an emotional support animal certification online?
- Certificates do not grant legal validity to ESAs.
- Finding a qualified expert who is willing to provide services remotely is the easiest method to get the letter you need to qualify for an emotional support animal that can be obtained online.
- Therefore, it is possible that people who ask questions such as ″can I acquire an emotional support animal certification online?″ are conflating ESA letters with certificates in their minds.
How to write an ESA letter for an emotional support animal?
- Make sure that the person who will be writing the letter for you has the appropriate power to do so.
- Your ESA letter needs to be written on the letterhead of the mental health professional in order for you to be eligible for an emotional support animal.
- It also needs to include the type of license the mental health professional holds, the date the license was issued, the license number, and the state that issued the license.