Workers in the field of animal control bring in an annual compensation of $36,330 on average. Wages might range anywhere from $23,160 all the way up to $58,220 on average. How much money does someone who works in animal control in the United States make?
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), as of May 2019, the median annual salary of an animal control officer was $37,590, and the middle-earning half of all workers in the field brought home between $30,440 and $47,370 per year.
- The highest-earning half of all workers in the field made more than $47,370 per year.
- The top 10 percent of earners brought in at least $59,610 annually in salary and wages combined.
- 1 How much does an animal control officer make an hour?
- 2 What are the different levels of animal control officers?
- 3 What education do you need to become an animal control officer?
- 4 What’s the job outlook for animal careers?
- 5 Where do animal control officers make the most money?
- 6 How much does animal control make in California?
- 7 How do I become an Animal Control Officer in California?
- 8 How much do animal control officers make in Tennessee?
- 9 How much does a dog catcher make in California?
- 10 How much do animal control officers make in Florida?
- 11 What qualifications do you need to be an animal rescuer?
- 12 What do animal welfare officers do?
- 13 How much does an Animal Control Officer make in Michigan?
- 14 How can I work with animals without being a vet?
- 15 How do I become an animal cruelty investigator in California?
- 16 How much does an Rspca inspector earn?
- 17 How much does animal control make in Maryland?
How much does an animal control officer make an hour?
Compensation for Animal Control Officers 1 The median annual salary is $36,330, which equates to $17.47 an hour. 2 Annual Salary in the Top 10 Percent: $58,220 ($27.99 per hour) 3 People in this group make the least with an annual salary of $23,160 ($11.13 per hour).
What are the different levels of animal control officers?
- The positions of senior animal control officer, coordinator, superintendent, and director of operations are examples of possible upper-level titles in the field of animal control.
- The capacity to successfully carry out the following responsibilities is normally required for the job: Animal control officers have regular interactions with members of the general public while they are on the job.
What education do you need to become an animal control officer?
Education and vocational instruction In most cases, potential candidates for the position of animal control officer need to be at least 18 years old (and ideally 21) and in possession of a high school certificate or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED). A bachelor’s degree, preferably in criminology or another discipline linked to animals, is desirable.
What’s the job outlook for animal careers?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics in the United States projects that employment opportunities for people who work in animal care and services will increase by 22 percent from 2016 to 2026. This rate of growth is significantly faster than the average growth rate of 7 percent expected for employment across all occupations in the country.
Where do animal control officers make the most money?
- Cities in the United States that provide the highest salaries to Animal Control Officers Charlotte, North Carolina The hourly rate is $20.14. 5 salaries disclosed
- Des Moines, IA. $19.78 per hour. 7 salaries disclosed
- Downey, California. $19.48 USD an hourly rate 11 salaries disclosed
- Albuquerque, NM. $18.90 per hour.
- Louisville, KY. $18.77 per hour.
- Display further cities in the area
How much does animal control make in California?
How much does a person working in Animal Control in the state of California make? As of May 27, 2022, the normal compensation range for Animal Control Officers in the state of California is between $58,067 and $73,046. The average income for these positions is $65,279, though.
How do I become an Animal Control Officer in California?
How to Get a Job as an Animal Control Officer in California
- Having Completed One’s Education Candidates must typically hold a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) in order to be considered for the position of animal cop.
- Do some training. All prospective officers are required to complete the Basic Law Enforcement Training Academy.
- Gain experience through employment.
- Get yourself some further education
How much do animal control officers make in Tennessee?
The state of Tennessee offers an hourly wage of $18.92 on average for the position of animal control officer. 17 wages were recorded, and the most recent update was on May 19, 2022.
How much does a dog catcher make in California?
How much does it cost to hire a dog catcher? The average annual salary for a Dog Catcher in the United States is $34,337. Dog Catchers had the highest average total salary in Los Angeles, California, at $34,643, which is 1 percent higher than the average total compensation in the United States.
How much do animal control officers make in Florida?
What kind of salary can one expect to get working in Animal Control in Florida? As of the 27th of May in 2022, the normal compensation range for Animal Control Officers in the state of Florida is between $49,385 and $62,125, with an average income of $55,519 per year.
What qualifications do you need to be an animal rescuer?
- How to get started working to save animals Get a diploma from your high school. Getting a high school diploma is the initial requirement for beginning a career as an animal rescuer
- Think about getting your bachelor’s degree
- Participate in training programs.
- Try to get a job that deals with rescuing animals
What do animal welfare officers do?
A Profession in the Care and Protection of Animals Being proactive in the fight against cruelty to animals is one of the responsibilities of this profession. Identifying animals that are in danger, aiding local governments and animal charities with animal care, and giving speeches to schools and other organizations are some of the day-to-day responsibilities that come with this position.
How much does an Animal Control Officer make in Michigan?
How much does a person working in Animal Control in the state of Michigan make? As of the 27th of May in 2022, the normal compensation range for Animal Control Officers in the state of Michigan is between $52,026 and $65,447, with the average income coming in at $58,488.
How can I work with animals without being a vet?
There are 12 jobs that include working with animals that pay well.
- Groomer. Pets may be helped to look their best by having groomers clean them, clip their fur, and perform a variety of other procedures.
- Pet Sitter and Dog Walker.
- Assistant in Veterinary Medicine.
- Responsible for the Care of Research Animals
- Animal Trainer.
- Technician of Animals
- A person who works in animal control
- Technical Specialist in Conservation and Forestry
How do I become an animal cruelty investigator in California?
How to Make a Career Out of Investigating Cases of Animal Mistreatment
- 1 Get a college degree. Although a bachelor’s degree in animal science or criminal justice is typically required for entry-level positions, there are certain states that simply demand a high school diploma to enter the workforce.
- 2Gain Experience Working Hand-in-Hand With
- 3Obtain your certification
How much does an Rspca inspector earn?
Compensation and advantages The beginning salary for trainee RSPCA Inspectors is slightly over £19,000 per year, whereas the salary range for trained inspectors is between $24,000 and $27,000 per year.
How much does animal control make in Maryland?
In the state of Maryland, a typical animal control officer earns a pay of $27.76 per hour on average. 6 wages were recorded, and the most recent update was on April 6, 2022.